Redken Hair Director Jon Pulitano joined the all-star Australian team behind the scenes of NYFW to create a simple and understated textured ponytail for the Tome Fall – Winter 2013 collection showing. The modern take on a classic sexy, dishevelled pony look let Tome’s Sydney-come-New York design aesthetic shine through whilst holding its own creatively.
“We wanted to maintain a square, masculine look from the front rather than have it too tight and rounded. The texture is almost a little wet and piecey, while a softened parting gives it a more organic finish rather than too graphic.”
NYFW Get the look: DISHEVELLED PONY
- guts 10 volume spray mousse RRP $29.95
- shine flash 02 glistening mist RRP$29.95
- hardwear 16 super strong gel RRP $29.95
- forceful 23 super strength finishing spray RRP $26.95
Create the Look:
1. Apply Redken guts 10 root targeted volumizing foam to damp hair from roots to ends.
2. Create a deep, clean low side part and drag hair together in a low ponytail at the nape of the neck.
3. Run an ample amount of hardwear 16 gel through hair, pressing hair firmly to sides of head to create a tight, wet look.
4. To create the squareness of the look, lightly spray shine flash 02 to the crown of the head and loosen with fingers as desired.
5. To finish, spray forceful 23 finishing spray to give height to top of the ponytail and exaggerate the masculine, square look.
Hot Tip: The aim is to pull the sides back tight and add some messy height to the top. Build product to create the wet look through the sides and the pony tail.