The hair look for the VAMFF Runway 7 show uses a mixture of curls, twists and beautiful full texture. Thanks to the creative flair of Brad Ngata, L’Oréal Professionnel VAMFF Hair Director, when combined these elements form a fresh, wearable look, with a couple of quirky accents. On one side you see classic flowing soft curls, while on the other, punk like twists are pinned and preened into place for a tougher finish.
“The look has a cool, textured beach vibe with accents of tight twists at the side to give the style a tougher edge. This adds a nice surprise to the overall sexiness and glamour feel to the look,” explains Brad Ngata backstage for L’Oréal Professionnel.
GET THE LOOK:
1. Start by double moussing the hair with L’Oréal Professionnel Tecni.Art Volume Lift. Apply at the roots and work through to the ends. Repeat and then blast dry.
2. Using medium sized curling tongs, curl the entire head of hair. Pin curls to scalp and leave to cool. Once cool, release the curls.
3. Create a side part using the arch of your eyebrow or the centre of your eye as a guide. Pull the hair back in line with the crown.
4. On the non-fringe hanging side, create three horizontal sections. Twist each section back, following the natural curve of the head around the ear. Secure with bobby pins at the nape.
5. Sprinkle L’Oréal Professionnel Tecni.Art Texture Dust at the roots for soft volume and then spray L’Oréal Professionnel Tecni.Art Fresh Dust dry shampoo to the remaining hair to thicken and add texturise. While spraying, use your fingers to loosen the curls. Spray with L’Oréal Professionnel Infinium hairspray to hold the style in place.
- L’Oréal Professionnel Tecni.Art Volume Lift RRP $25.00
- L’Oréal Professionnel Tecni.Art Fresh Dust RRP $25.00
- L’Oréal Professionnel Tecni.Art Texture Dust RRP $33.00
- L’Oréal Professionnel Infinium RRP $15.00
L’Oréal Professionnel hair care and styling products are available in salons nationwide. To find a L’Oréal Professionnel salon or stockist, head to the official L’Oréal Professionnel website